× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot backup Mac files after switching on iCloud Drive ReadyNas 314

flummoxed
Aspirant

Cannot backup Mac files after switching on iCloud Drive ReadyNas 314

Hi everyone and thanks for reading...

I have always been able to use my ReadyNAS well with my Mac.

I recently turned on iCloud Drive documents for sharing between all of my other devices.

Despite being listed as shared folders, I can now no longer backup the folders on my Mac. I get the message "Error connecting to folder" when I try to test the backup job settings.

I was using an IP address but that didn't work at all and said "Incorrect username or password" which it wasnt. I changed to the network name and thats when I got the other message and I was wondering if this was to do with the iCloud or something else.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer me and see if you can help me to reconnect to these drives.

Thanks,

Ross

Model: RN31443E|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 3TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi flummoxed,

Are you using the ReadyNAS backup job? If yes, which protocol were you using?

Are you able to use that backup job again when you disable the iCloud drive?

May I also know the current firmware of your NAS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
flummoxed
Aspirant

Hi john,

Thanks so much for replying.

Yes, I'm using the backup jobs and they had been working perfectly. I use the Windows Archive Bit which as I said, worked up until now. Unfortuntely, I can't disable iCloud drive now that all of my files are in the cloud, it takes days to switch from one to the other.

I know, theoretically, if its in the cloud, I don't need the NAS but I like a double copy.

I'm running version 6.10.3

Thanks

Ross

Message 3 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi flummoxed,

Have you checked if those shared folders are accessible on other devices?

You may also download the system logs of the NAS and provide it to us. We will check if we can find something on the logs that caused the issue. You may upload it to a file-sharing site then send me the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
flummoxed
Aspirant

Hi,

I cant do that because I only have Mac and they all know they're iCloud so I can just open the folders as I did before.

With my iMac I have VMWare Fusion and Windows still sees the folders as it did  before but I dont know if this is because of the way it works or just because the VMWare mapping has updated.

All beyond me.

Thanks

Ross

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements