× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Data Recovery from RND4000

GeorgeS1
Aspirant

Data Recovery from RND4000

Good morning,

last night my Ready NAS (RND4000) stopped working. It looks like a fault in the power supply.

My last backup dates back a month, so nothing really important is missing, but I would like to recover some of the recently changed files.

One option I see is a friend of mine who owns the same system. Is it an option to shut down his NAS, remove / replace the installed disks with the disks from my NAS and copy the data? Or are any obstacles in the way?

George
Message 1 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: Data Recovery from RND4000

Should work fine that way (placing them on the same order on the other chassis), just make sure that you are using the same FW. If the FW on the chassis does not match and is newer that the FW on the drive, it will update it.

For your failed unit, check if it belongs here:

viewtopic.php?t=10259
Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Make sure your friend's unit is the same: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

It's pretty obvious as if the NV+ is the same model the chassis will be the same colour.

If it is a v1 it will have an internal PSU. If it is a v2 it will have an external PSU.
Message 3 of 4
GeorgeS1
Aspirant

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. It's in fact the same unit, and I could access my data (currently I'm running his unit until I make up my mind what to do in the near future).

George
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements