× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FW 6.4.1 Problems: Power Timer not working

Scads
Aspirant

FW 6.4.1 Problems: Power Timer not working

Firstly, you need to know that I'm using a RN102, obviously with FW 6.4.1 loaded. Mostly I'm pleased with the changes made so far, but there are two problems which do need to be solved:

1. As so many have reported, there is a serious speed issue, unless the AV software is turned off.
  2. The Power Timer appears to be entirely unresponsive - my backups are working as scheduled, even though the power should be shut off at the time. There is no log entry for shutdown or restart. This is inconvenient at Chrismas with a granddaughter sleeping in my study!

Is there an easy solution?

Scads

Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FW 6.4.1 Problems: Power Timer not working

The unit won't scheduled power off while a backup job is in progress. It should power off once the backup completes if when the backup completes the NAS isn't meant to be back on by then.

Message 2 of 8
Scads
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply, but this doesn't appear to happen. If backups or snapshots are scheduled, power off does not occur. The new manual clearly suggests that Power Timer off command should take precedence, but each time this is suspended (even though backups or snapshots are not in progress at the time) and does not happen when the events are completed.

This appears to me to be a firmware fault, and was not evident in versions before 6.4.

Scads

Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 4 of 8
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

The auto poweroff is getting deferred because one of your backup jobs is reported as being in progress at the time of the scheduled shutdown.

Message 5 of 8
Scads
Aspirant

Thank you for your help, but on the last occasion, I had suspended all my backup jobs, leaving only snapshots running overnight, which I cannot reschedule, so I do not understand how this can have happened. All the backups were showing 'Comleted' I'm fairly sure. Which backup job was the culprit?

At present my backups remain suspended, and I'm shutting down manually each evening, before my granddaughter goes to bed. It would be good if we could solve this.

Scads

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you still facing this problem or did suspending all the backup jobs resolve it?

Message 7 of 8
Scads
Aspirant

I'm sorry to say that I'm still struggling with this. I have stopped all snapshots and backups, but the closedown is still suspended. I have also updated the firmware to 6.4.2, but this has made no difference. Further more the new firmware has not solved the antivirus problem, that everyone complained of before.

Model: RN10222D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (2x 2TB Desktop)
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements