× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Feature request: Tweaked email subjects [specific topics]

techman05
Guide

Feature request: Tweaked email subjects [specific topics]

I'm hoping on the next updates regardless of os that the email support can be tweaked so that it has more info on what occurred to trigger the email. I get 3 emails a day for when my device powers on and off and the generic subject line doesn't give me feedback leading me to open the email to find its just on/off.

I'd like the emails to specify , maybe like nasName: Cycle on[off] and just like that for other errors nasName: Alert Drive failing/[Update avail]/[update completed].

I hope that maybe this can come at some point since the generic topic message are starting to bug me and in the future an important message may come and I'll mistake it for a power cycle and delete it.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Feature request: Tweaked email subjects [specific topics

There are other feature requests like this, to allow user edited templates for alerts, going back years. I doubt it will get in any time soon with the age of existing requests.
Message 2 of 3
techman05
Guide

Re: Feature request: Tweaked email subjects [specific topics

I'd be happy if the messages were more specific , I don't need deep personal letters. I'd think if the matter is showing the nas name that that is a passover from the nas info before sending.

If I see something like it I'd be happy.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements