× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Update failed

coolbikr4684
Aspirant

Firmware Update failed

So I have a readynas 3200 that has been running OS 6,I know its at EOL but was hoping someone here might be able to help that may be running OS6 on it., I logged into the admin page it said there was an update, it was done and I'm assuming the update failed because, after waiting a few hours I still didn't have access on the network so I looked at the VGA output, now I'm getting a readynas_led_probe: no compatible platform error. I thought about doing a USB recovery to reinstall the firmware but it won't boot from USB. I haven't tried to hold down reset button and enter recovery and  do an OS reinstall from there, I'm assuming all data still saved on the drives so I'm hesitant to do anything that may wipe my drives. Most of it is backed up but there is some recent stuff that was put on my drives prior to this happening therefore didn't have a chance to back up. I have atempted to remove all drives, put in different fresh drives and still get the same error so im assuming its just to OS that got messed up. If anybody has any ideas to help me thank you in advance. If this isnt the place to post or ask let me know, i apologize in advance.

Model: RN12P|READYNAS 3200 NETWORK STORAGE SYSTEM - CHASSIS|EOL
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware Update failed

Can you access the boot menu? There is a tech support mode boot menu option. If you can boot into that then it's definitely not a problem that needs USB Boot Recovery.

Message 2 of 6
coolbikr4684
Aspirant

Figured my issue out, seems that the current update isnt compatible with the readynas 3200 at the moment so it botches the update. OS had to be rebuilt from my understanding on the flashdrive thats on the motherboard that got messed. A buddy of mine was the one who helped rebuild it with a prior version of the OS.

Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware version did you have trouble updating to?

Message 4 of 6
coolbikr4684
Aspirant

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ReadyNASOS 6.7.5-T299 (Beta 1) does have some changes.

Note the error message you saw on your VGA display is one that I think you can ignore. It's not the reason why it didn't boot.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements