× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting data off an ReadyNas

andural69
Aspirant

Getting data off an ReadyNas

ReadyNAS 104 Diskless RN1040

The power flickered and the software on the NAS isn't quite right.  I cant get the shares to work.  Through the portal I can access the shares see them and even download the files.  I'm looking for some way to get the data off the NAS and put onto other hard drives.  Thank you for any help?
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Getting data off an ReadyNas

@andural69 wrote:
ReadyNAS 104 Diskless RN1040

The power flickered and the software on the NAS isn't quite right.  I cant get the shares to work.  Through the portal I can access the shares see them and even download the files.  I'm looking for some way to get the data off the NAS and put onto other hard drives.  Thank you for any help?

Are you seeing the shares from a PC, and not able to access them?  Or not seeing them at all?

If you enable FTP for a share, are you able to access the files with an FTP client? (WinSCP or FileZilla).

Message 2 of 3
andural69
Aspirant

Re: Getting data off an ReadyNas

I can't see the shares, I can't create FTP, I get errors.  I think I'm going to be able to use the USB direct method, got a docking station coming tomorrow.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements