× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Have a RN10223D that has firmware 6.2.5 installed but shows no updates when checking for updates

wcutler
Aspirant

Have a RN10223D that has firmware 6.2.5 installed but shows no updates when checking for updates

the http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/RN10223D#searchResults lists newer firmware.  Things are working so I don't want to f**k it up. 

Let me know what to do.

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (2x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Have a RN10223D that has firmware 6.2.5 installed but shows no updates when checking for updates

Hi wcutler,

Welcome to the community!

Try to add 8.8.8.8 and your gateway address in the active NIC interface of your ReadyNAS then try it again. If it still won't find an update, you can try to manually update the Firmware to 6.4.2.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Have a RN10223D that has firmware 6.2.5 installed but shows no updates when checking for updates

Note you will want to manually disable the antivirus service before upgrading.

Some users have had significant performance droppoffs with 6.4.x - you might also need to do a factory reset to resolve them.

I think its particularly important to update your backups before you do this particular upgrade.

Message 3 of 5
wcutler
Aspirant

forgot that i had changed to a static ip.  adding the dns ip address fixed that issue.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@wcutler wrote:

forgot that i had changed to a static ip.  adding the dns ip address fixed that issue.

There should be a warning when users leave that blank.

I don't favor an automatic insertion of 8.8.8.8, since some users might intentionally leave it blank to prevent internet access.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements