× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I can't connect to RN316 424 because they are online (VPN disconnected). fix this?

watarusan
Aspirant

I can't connect to RN316 424 because they are online (VPN disconnected). fix this?

On MacOSBigSur11.5 + MacbookAir (M1 processor), I am unable to connect to ReadyNAS316 and 424 with readycloud app (Ver1.7).

I can't connect to ReadyNAS316 and 424 because they are online (VPN disconnected). Is there any way to fix this?

Locally, I can connect from the app on both Mac and Windows.

I can connect locally from the app on both Mac and Windows, and on Windows I can connect via VPN on both.

The firmware is 6.10.5 hotfix1 for both.

The firmware is 6.10.5 hotfix1. I'm writing this because I'm having trouble finding a solution on the forums.

I've read that there is a way to use OpenVPN, but

I'd like to use readycloud if possible because I don't have the skills and I'm worried about the security.

Please help me.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless), RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: I can't connect to RN316 424 because they are online (VPN disconnected). fix this?

@watarusan wrote:

Unfortunately, I could not find any Readucloud app that supports M1.

I was looking here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/readycloud/id700730254

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/readycloud/id700730254 wrote:

Compatibility

iPhone
Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
iPad
Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
iPod touch
Mac
Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip

Though my guess is that this is the ipad app running on the Mac - if so, it might not give you the features you are looking for.

Perhaps @DaneA will chime in, and let us know if there is a better option for ReadyCloud on the M1 Mac.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies

Message 2 of 7
watarusan
Aspirant

Hello.
Thank you for pointing out the error.
It doesn't show up when I reply to you, so this message is
I hope this message reaches michaelkenward.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@watarusan wrote:

On MacOSBigSur11.5 + MacbookAir (M1 processor), I am unable to connect to ReadyNAS316 and 424 with readycloud app (Ver1.7).

I can't connect to ReadyNAS316 and 424 because they are online (VPN disconnected). Is there any way to fix this?

Is the Macbook on the same network as the two ReadyNAS?  Or are you trying to connect over the internet?  If they are on the same network, you can just use finder.  

I believe there is a ReadyCloud app that claims to work with the M1 chip in the Apple Mac App Store - so maybe try getting it from there.  It requires MacOS 11.0 or later.  But I'm not a Mac user (and FWIW, I use OpenVPN instead of ReadyCloud).  Also, no idea on what the Mac version number is - though the current iPhone app is version 2.0.7.

Message 4 of 7
watarusan
Aspirant

Hi StephenB.
Thank you for your answer.
I will look for it more carefully.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@watarusan wrote:

I was looking here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/readycloud/id700730254

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/readycloud/id700730254 wrote:

Compatibility

iPhone
iPad
Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
iPod touch
Mac
Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip

Though my guess is that this is the ipad app running on the Mac - if so, it might not give you the features you are looking for.

Perhaps @DaneA will chime in, and let us know if there is a better option for ReadyCloud on the M1 Mac.

Message 6 of 7
watarusan
Aspirant

I hadn't installed the ReadyCloud app because the Appstore showed it as being for iPad.
After installing this app, I was able to check the files.
Thank you very much.

I hope that the apps distributed by Netgear that can be operated from Finder will also support M1Mac in the future.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements