× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue with Raidiator 4.2.30 and some addon services not working

proteinnerd
Aspirant

Issue with Raidiator 4.2.30 and some addon services not working

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the new 4.2.30 as prompted for my ReadyNAS Business Pro.

This caused a number of my addons to stop working including SickRage and SABnzbd and I think PLEX but not sure now.

Both of these showed grey dots next to them in the Add-ons > Installed tab rather than the green (working) dot.

I tried removing the services which didnt work. Tried re-installing them which also didnt work. Re-booted a few times etc..the usual things you try.

I found a post here that seemed to have a similar issue 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Readynas-services-greyed-out-of-unavailable/td-...

and the suggested solution was it was a corrupt install and the only option was to factory reset. I really REALLY didnt want to do that and I didnt think it was a corrupt install.

I finally reinstalled the older OS 4.2.28 and everything returned to normal...all services running fine...glad I didnt do a factory reset.

Has anyone else found this issue? Is this a known bug with the new firmware? I was hoping to upgrade as I think it is suposed to solve some of the SSL issues I have been having.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
proteinnerd
Aspirant

I gave it another try today.

Updated to 4.2.30

Services all failed to start initially.

Reinstalled 

Python  (which appeared to be working fine, not sure if I did this last time) - no issue, started fine

SABnzbd - no issue, started fine which was different to last time and encouraging

SickRage - wouldnt start, deleted...failed to delete, reinstalled again...finally worked.

Apart from slight issue with SickRage not deleting, I'd recommend reinstalling python even though it shows as working in the addons page....seems to have been what was causing my issue.

Thanks to those that offered help.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have a backup?

Have you checked how full your 4GB root volume is?

Message 2 of 9
proteinnerd
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge but I'm not sure not sure how to check how full my root volume is. I can SSH into it but not sure where to look.

Also, I'm not sure why it would be an issue if the ReadyNAS works perfectly with the older firmware? 

Model: ReadyNASRNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

# df -h
# df -i

Checking the fullness of the 4GB root volume is a good place to start.

Also after updating the firmware some add-ons might need to be installed over the top of themselves to work properly.

Message 4 of 9
proteinnerd
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry in the delay getting back to you.

Here is the info I got:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0 4.0G 686M 3.2G 18% /
tmpfs 16K 0 16K 0% /USB
/dev/c/c 7.3T 2.0T 5.3T 27% /c
TheCrypt:~# df -i
Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/md0 65536 18770 46766 29% /
tmpfs 127633 1 127632 1% /USB
/dev/c/c 121798656 301593 121497063 1% /c

so that means the root drive is only using 686M of the 4GB?

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@proteinnerd wrote:

so that means the root drive is only using 686M of the 4GB?

Yes.

Message 6 of 9
proteinnerd
Aspirant

Any thoughts then as to why upgrading to 4.2.30 would lead to services not working and rolling back to 4.1.28 makes them start working again?

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@proteinnerd wrote:

Any thoughts then as to why upgrading to 4.2.30 would lead to services not working and rolling back to 4.1.28 makes them start working again?

One poster found that upgrading glib6 using this add-on solved the problem with sickrage: https://rnxtras.com/add-ons/update/glibc6-2-13-readynas-os-4-x86-only-60494

I believe he updated the library, and then reinstalled it.

His system had other issues (and did have a full root partition), and eventually he upgraded to OS 6.

Message 8 of 9
proteinnerd
Aspirant

I gave it another try today.

Updated to 4.2.30

Services all failed to start initially.

Reinstalled 

Python  (which appeared to be working fine, not sure if I did this last time) - no issue, started fine

SABnzbd - no issue, started fine which was different to last time and encouraging

SickRage - wouldnt start, deleted...failed to delete, reinstalled again...finally worked.

Apart from slight issue with SickRage not deleting, I'd recommend reinstalling python even though it shows as working in the addons page....seems to have been what was causing my issue.

Thanks to those that offered help.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements