× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost access to User Shares

djurden
Aspirant

Lost access to User Shares

I have a ReadyNAS Duo v2. I installed the latest firmware; RADIator 5.3.5. Since this install, the only way I can get to User Shares is via FTP. They don't even show up when I log into the management console as the administrator. I only see: backup (/c/backup), media (/c/media), SourceControl (/c/SourceControl One I added), and a USB device.

I have 3 users set up on this device. I used to be able to map a drive letter on my Win 7 machines to connect to a user share and also connect via my Mac. I can get to the shares listed above, but not the user shares.

I cannot even get to the user shares on my Mac using the ReadyNAS Remote app. I used to be able to...

PLEASE HELP!!!
Message 1 of 6
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Re: Lost access to User Shares

With firmware 5.3.5 the user private share does not show in frontview, only the user who it belongs to can see it from OS log in, as long as they log in with same credentials, but if you are the admin and want to map C: drive on readynas you can use this command "net use t: \\ip-of-nas-here\c /user:admin password" without the " " then you will be able to see the home folder with all the users private shares.
Message 2 of 6
djurden
Aspirant

But I am logging in with the user's credentials (Not in frontview..but the other operating systems). Again, this worked fine in Windows 7 and Mac and ReadyNAS Remote until I upgraged to this firmware.

Any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 6
HERBIEO
Aspirant

There is a bug in 5.3.5 firmware where users shares do not allways show up on the network normally if you reboot the NAS they come back, i get it happen sometimes.
Message 4 of 6
djurden
Aspirant

Yep...I did that just before I saw your reply. Now it works.
Message 5 of 6
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Good glad you have sorted it out, hopefully they will fix that bug in next firmware release.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements