× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Manually create a ReadyNAS config backup

LrdShaper
Aspirant

Manually create a ReadyNAS config backup

Hi guys,

Been a long time since I visited and was surprised to find the new look. So I have 4 x 3TB disks in my ReadyNAS and one of the drives failed while I was at work. When I reached home the NAS have already shutdown and now it won't boot up anymore it's just stuck at "Booting..." no matter how many hours I leave it at that. But anyway that is not my immediate concern as I have offsite backups to my ReadyNAS NV+ v1 in the Philippines and to Google Drive. What I don't have a backup of is the ReadyNAS config.

I have removed the drives, mounted the 3 working drives onto my Pine64 running Debian and currently copying my files out to other spare drives I have. I want to know which files I need to zip in order to create a ReadyNAS config backup that I can restore via the ReadyNAS interface in the event that I have to re-format the drives and re-create the array.. Thanks in advance.

HW: ReadyNAS NV+ v2

HDD: 4 WDRed WD30EFRX 3TB drives

Model: ReadyNASRND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Manually create a ReadyNAS config backup

That depends on what you want to restore.

You could look at what's included in an older one of your config backups.

Message 2 of 3
LrdShaper
Aspirant

Re: Manually create a ReadyNAS config backup

I want to restore the full config. The problem is I don't have a backup of my NV+v2's config. I have one from my NV+ but I'm not sure if it would be the same. I can always configure it from scratch but I figured since I can still access the contents anyway then if I can back them up manually it would save me time.

I was thinking I could just tar /etc and then when setup the NV+v2 with bare configuration I can take a backup of config and then compare and update it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements