× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moving iSCSI files to other local volumes

bentwookie
Guide

Moving iSCSI files to other local volumes

Is there a way to move files from an iSCSI volume to other "regular" volumes on a ReadyNas without routing them through another machine on the network? I'm running 4.2.20-T40.
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Moving iSCSI files to other local volumes

Frontview expects the iSCSI targets to be stored on the C volume.

Having said that you could stop the iSCSI service then use SSH to move the file across and possibly edit /etc/ietd.conf manually, then restart the iSCSI service though this would be unsupported (not sure if this would work).
Message 2 of 5
TeknoJnky
Hero

I believe he means the files contained in the iscsi volume to a regular share. And no, its not supported to 'mount' the iscsi volume locally and copy the files using frontview backup.

It *may* be possible via ssh, but I can't recall if anyone has succeeded in doing so.
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah I did misread the problem. You'd need to setup an initiator running on the ReadyNAS itself (not an easy task if possible). So copying via the network would be the way to go.
Message 4 of 5
mangrove
Apprentice

Seeing that the iSCSI file is basically a disk image, you can probably circumvent the whole iSCSI thing if your Readynas installation has support for the file system within. Just mount the iSCSI file as a disk image and copy away. 😄
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements