× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OSX 10.10.5 Time Machine stuck in "Preparing Backup"

Tech230
Follower

OSX 10.10.5 Time Machine stuck in "Preparing Backup"

Currently our Netgear ReadyNAS 2120 is stuck in a vicious cycle with our Mac Client machines.  When we first set up our ReadyNAS, backup worked like a charm.  Now, when any back up that starts to complete a private back up, Time Machine will look for the ReadyNAS on our network (set up static) and start "preparing backup", stop after 15 minutes, then begin to look for the ReadyNAS again.  

This happens over and over again.  I checked the system settings and network settings, I found that the DNS was removed but enter that info again.  Still no luck.  I can reach the ReadyNAS system page via IP and make all the changes I want. 

In Time Machine preferences, we even tried removing the disk and reconnecting with account credentials set up for private back up and the drive will mount for 3 seconds then disappear. Very Weird.

But Time Machine just will not back up no matter what we try.  Any help would be appreciated!

Model: ReadyNASRND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 2
Amidala
NETGEAR Expert

Re: OSX 10.10.5 Time Machine stuck in "Preparing Backup"

What firmware is NAS running? The previous version, can do time machine?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements