× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro6 DiskTrays with round button

FlaviaS
Star

Pro6 DiskTrays with round button

I have a Pro6 and several Ultra2, all bought second hand. Pro6 came with older model disktrays which have a round button which needs to be pressed to make the handle pop-up. Ultra2's cam with disk trays with a slider to make the handl pop-out and another smaller slider to lock the first.

I have problems all the time with the Pro6 disk trays, the buttons getting stuck, tried WD40 on those buttons with poor results.

I noticed those trays also have a lock slider but somehow is on the other side of the handle (inside, toward the HDD and blocked by it). I wonder what is the idea, how is the lock slide supposed to be engaged or disengaged if is on the inside ? Do I miss anything ?Doing something wrong ? Is it a known problem ? Is there a solution or tricks to solve it ?

Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Pro6 DiskTrays with round button

It'

s flat-out a bad design, which is why it was replaced.  Forget the buttons and use a small screwdriver or bent paper clip to release the trays.  Here's a video somebody made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKczCPiqc-4 .

Message 2 of 3
FlaviaS
Star

Re: Pro6 DiskTrays with round button

Wow, thank you, I was sure there are many people having the same issue and somebody should have found a workaround. I also mucked around with the paperclip and the hole in the middle of the button with no results like the person in the video but the hole next to the blocked hole worked like a charm.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements