× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 - Always on the go at certain times

njpryan
Aspirant

RN104 - Always on the go at certain times

Hi all,

Been long time since I was on last and amazing how quickly times passes before realising you can still get great advice from here. This is why I am posting here as I am at my wits end.

Every evening around 8pm (give or take 30 mins) my RN104 starts spinning and constantly spinning for hours and stops me accessing Plex on the NAS as the server is constantly in use. 

I need to knwo what it is doing - is ther any way to find out what it is doing. Even right now as I type this post the light is flickering lik mad sicne 9pm but may have been spinning earlier. Sometimes the only way I can stop it is by re-starting the NAS or there are times that just re-starting the Plex app on the NAS will do the trick.

This is a complete head wrecker for me and causing me a lot of grief in trying to figure out what is causing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

NJP

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6
yxue
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RN104 - Always on the go at certain times

You mean your RN104's FAN is going fast at about 8pm? When at that time, can you click UI>System>Performance, see the FAN's speed, then move muse to disks to see the disks' temperatures.
Message 2 of 6
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@njpryan

Could do you please send logs? I want to check what NAS is doing at that time.

It should be NAS is doing something at that time, it cause disk temperature increase, then cause FAN speed up.

How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators?
https://kb.netgear.com/21543/How-do-I-send-all-logs-to-ReadyNAS-Community-moderators

Message 3 of 6
njpryan
Aspirant

Hi and thanks for the reply.

No its not the fans and it is definitely the disks as the blue LED flashes like mad.

Regards

NJP

Message 4 of 6
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Did you set schedule backup or other schedule?

Message 5 of 6
njpryan
Aspirant

Hi again,

I don;t have any NAS Schedules at all set.

With Plex Server which runs on the NAS the only scheduling there is from 3am to 7am when there is nobody using the server then and therefore no disruption.

Also I have noticed of late that when I do re-start the server it loses its IP connection as it show on the LED display at the bottom NO IP ADDRESS - this is a concern, but on re-starting again it works fine.

regards

NJP

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements