× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN424 Firmware update

BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

RN424 Firmware update

Greetings,

My RN424 is on firmware version 6.9.5 Hotfix 1.  

My current version alert says 6.10.8 is available.

Are there any major issues with 6.10.8 I should be aware of or is there any issue moving from my current version to the new one?  I know I am a bit behind but fortunately I am better with my backups than with my firmware updates 🙂

Thanks!

BJB

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN424 Firmware update

@BJB wrote:

Are there any major issues with 6.10.8 I should be aware of

One user posted that they had an issue with onedrive

I haven't seen any follow up yet (or confirmation from other users).  If you were to see this, then you could downgrade to 6.10.7.

@BJB wrote:

is there any issue moving from my current version to the new one? 

If you use an rsync backup job to back up your entire data volume, then you will need to go to the "advanced" setting page for the backup job and enable "multiple file systems".  If you don't do that, the backup job will silently fail.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BJB

There were feartures, enhancements, bug fixes and more importantly Security patches/fixes that has been applied on newer versions of OS6. started at 6.10.0. If you do not need the features added IMO, I would still suggest upgrading your firmware for bug fixes and security fixes and ehancements that provides better performance.

You should not get any issues updating but always have a backup before doing any upgrades or changes to your NAS as best practice. 

You can check the release notes here.

HTH

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@BJB wrote:

Are there any major issues with 6.10.8 I should be aware of

One user posted that they had an issue with onedrive

I haven't seen any follow up yet (or confirmation from other users).  If you were to see this, then you could downgrade to 6.10.7.

@BJB wrote:

is there any issue moving from my current version to the new one? 

If you use an rsync backup job to back up your entire data volume, then you will need to go to the "advanced" setting page for the backup job and enable "multiple file systems".  If you don't do that, the backup job will silently fail.

Message 3 of 6
BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to you both.  I don't use Rsynch oR Onedrive so sounds like I Should be good.Thanks!

New Tablet. Newest samsung Android OS and Still This Forum Forces Auto Capitalization.  So Strange. Is There A Workaround For Anyone Else That Has This?

BJB 

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@BJB wrote:

New Tablet. Newest samsung Android OS and Still This Forum Forces Auto Capitalization.  So Strange. Is There A Workaround For Anyone Else That Has This?

It's not the forum.  

Message 5 of 6
BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. O yes, know that. But this is the only site where every word gets capitalized....not just the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a sentence. But every word. Never have that on any other site. O well, not the biggest issue 😀
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements