× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RNDP600E fails to power up -- how can I get my data?

Brooks1
Aspirant

RNDP600E fails to power up -- how can I get my data?

My NETGEAR RNDP600E-100NAS has recently died--it is unable to turn on. The LEDs on the LAN ports flicker, but the power button doesn't cause the device to turn on. A few questions:

• Can you help me diagnose the issue?
  • Is there anything I can do with my HDDs to recover my data?

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if you need any additional information from me!

Model: ReadyNASRNDP600E|ReadyNAS Pro Pioneeer Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So when you try to turn the NAS on the display on the front of the NAS and the power LED don't come on and you don't hear the fan spinning up?

You could perhaps have a failing PSU.

You could migrate your disks to a RN316 or RN516. See ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator to OS 6

You would need somewhere to backup your data to.

Message 2 of 4
Brooks1
Aspirant

Correct, I do not hear fans nor do I see any LEDs on the front panel (including the power button's LED). If my PSU has failed, how involved of a replacement is that? While searching, I noticed that seemed to be a somewhat common occurence; have there been any guides written that you could refer me to?

Thank you for the link to the Migration guide!

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

There was a recent guide posted on replacing the fan within the supply, whihc first requires removing the supply from the case.

If you have a spare ATXV12 power supply handy, you can hook that up first to verify it's the power supply before investing in the proper replacement supply.  Or, if you choose to upgrade to a newer NAS, you can power it that way until you recover your data.

But you really should have a backup.  As you have just learned, RAID is not a backup plan.

There is an old IT saying:  If you only have one copy of it, you must not think it's important.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements