× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDU2000 Power Supply Issue

jeffyd
Aspirant

RNDU2000 Power Supply Issue

I own an out of warranty RNDU2000 that has been experiencing 'V+12 power is out of normal range' issues, and the pwer supply is starting to fail.
I notice that at the back of the unit is an unknown port marked "P" that has five male pins in parallel that I assume is for an external power supply.    If this is for an external power supply, what sort of connector is that?  Can someone recommend a replacement external power supply?  Or perhaps a source for a replacement chassis.  

I do not wnat to upgrade to a new unit, as I am quite attached to the stability of the older OS

Model: RNDU2000 |READYNAS ULTRA 2 |EOL
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: RNDU2000 Power Supply Issue

Are you sure that it's 5 pins (not 4)?

I'm suspecting you are looking at the serial output.  That lets you see the console output - it isn't for power.

Normally it'd be covered with a sticker.  There's a photo with it highlighted here:

Message 2 of 7
jeffyd
Aspirant

ahh.  I had assumed that it was for power,  My bad.  and it is four pins

is there a way to replace a failing power supply?  

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

The 2-bay ultra should already be using an external power brick.  Is that the part that is failing?

Message 4 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

It is a standard 12V 5A supply with a standard connector.  Replacements are readily available.  I recommend you buy one intended for security cameras, as they typically have better regulation than ones intended for LED lighting.  It may not be the supplly, though.  It may simply be the sensor that measures the 12V, especially if you are experiencing no other issues.

Message 5 of 7
jeffyd
Aspirant

Thank you.  I am experiencing no other issues, but I have ordered a power supply just in case.   Is this sensor repairable/replaceable?  

Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Not replacable in any practical way.  Netgear has made no schematics available to even Id the part, the part likely could not be purchased in single quantities, anyway, and working on boards such as the ReadyNAS one requires proper tools and skill.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements