× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 10200 backing up prior to reset to factory defaults

tsherr
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 10200 backing up prior to reset to factory defaults

I have a ReadyNAS 10200 on which I recently did a firmware update.  After the update, it disappeared from my network, and I can't find it with RAIDar.  I tried resetting it, but that made no difference, so I assume the next step is to reset it to factory defaults.  I don't want to lose my data, so I'm hoping I can use Clonezilla or Acronis to backup my drive, do the factory reset, then the firmware update, and then restore my files.

Is there a best practice for this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 10200 backing up prior to reset to factory defaults

You probably need a USB boot recovery.  Read through this before you do anything else: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29961?utm_source=community&utm_medium=announcement&utm...

Message 2 of 6
tsherr
Aspirant

If I do a USB Recovery Reboot, will I lose any data?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@tsherr wrote:

If I do a USB Recovery Reboot, will I lose any data?

You shouldn't. 

When you said "I tried resetting it..." what exactly did you do? Just pull the plug and power up again?  Or something else?

Message 4 of 6
tsherr
Aspirant

I did a power cycle and I also tried an OS Reinstall.  Before I do the USB recovery, I'd like to pull the drive and backup my files.  What's the best way to clone the drive?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@tsherr wrote:

I did a power cycle and I also tried an OS Reinstall.  Before I do the USB recovery, I'd like to pull the drive and backup my files.  What's the best way to clone the drive?

That depends on the OS of the computer you are using to clone.

Since the drive is working fine, any program that does a sector-by-sector copy should work.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements