× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 file write/delete access denied from Windows clients

Twigletzone
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 file write/delete access denied from Windows clients

Hi all,

I hope some knowledgeable person can help with an issue I have with a recently aquired ReadyNAS device. 

I have created various shares on the device and populated them with data from a Buffalo NAS via the ReadyNAS's own backup. But I find that file write/delete access denied from all my Windows clients, (Win7 and Win10). I can read the created files OK, just cant add to them or delete anything! The error message is;

"You need permission to perform this action"

"You require permissiom from unix\root to make changes to this file"

Win7Error.png

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

P.S. There is a .png file of the error message, which sjows in post preview, but doesn't when posted??? sorry.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Twigletzone
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 104 file write/delete access denied from Windows clients

Thanks for the reply, I managed to sort it out myself in the end. I added the local user name I created on the ReadyNAS to 'Windows Credential Manager' on all windows clients manually. Just got to check the Mac has write access now, and solve that if it doesn't!.

Cheers. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Try going to the file access tab in the share settings, and then click on the reset control.

Message 2 of 3
Twigletzone
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, I managed to sort it out myself in the end. I added the local user name I created on the ReadyNAS to 'Windows Credential Manager' on all windows clients manually. Just got to check the Mac has write access now, and solve that if it doesn't!.

Cheers. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements