× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v2 found by Raidar but cannot access

ringnab
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v2 found by Raidar but cannot access

I moved last week and when I set up my readyNAs at the new location with a new ISP, Raidar sees the diveice, it's IP address, mac address, host name etc but I cannot access it in any way. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
ringnab
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2 found by Raidar but cannot access

many thanks, StephenB and all other respondents. Got the NAS back this evening and very happy!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ringnab,

Welcome to the community!

Does your Computer and ReadyNAS IP on the same range or subnet?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
ringnab
Aspirant

Thank you BrianL

Hmm how do I figure out the subnet for the ReadyNAS when it's not responding?

I did notice however that my computer IP is 192.168.10.100 and the ReadyNAS is 192.168.0.35, that is, the third set of numbers is different between the two devices? Is that the issue?

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@ringnab wrote:

I did notice however that my computer IP is 192.168.10.100 and the ReadyNAS is 192.168.0.35, that is, the third set of numbers is different between the two devices? Is that the issue?

Yes.  The fastest way to fix this is to log into the router, and set it up to use 192.168.0.x addresses.

Message 4 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ringnab,

Aside from StephenB's suggestion, connect your ReadyNAS to your PC and set a static IP address 192.168.0.2 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Open your browser and enter the ReadyNAS IP address in your address bar. From there, you can change the IP address of your ReadyNAS that matches the range of your network or just set it to Dynamic (DHCP).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@BrianL2 wrote:

...connect your ReadyNAS to your PC and set a static IP address 192.168.0.2 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Open your browser and enter the ReadyNAS IP address in your address bar. From there, you can change the IP address of your ReadyNAS that matches the range of your network or just set it to Dynamic (DHCP).

Yes, that works too.  

Either way, I recommend using DHCP (instead of the static address you are using now), and then reserving the IP address in the router (almost all routers have a way to do that).  That eliminates the chance of this happening again when you upgrade your router or change ISPs.

Message 6 of 11
ringnab
Aspirant

I am "unable to connect" to the unit when directly connected to my PC. Any other asuggestions?

Message 7 of 11
ringnab
Aspirant

and Raidar cannot find it

Message 8 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ringnab,

What version of RAIDar are you using?

RAIDar should see the NAS with or without the disks, you may check if it does when you remove the disks. Just make sure you label the disks when you remove them, they should be inserted back to their respective bays.

If the RAIDar sees the chassis without the disks, it may be best you check the disks with diagnostic tools.

Regards,

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@ringnab wrote:

I am "unable to connect" to the unit when directly connected to my PC. Any other asuggestions?

Well, I already suggested going into your router and setting its LAN addresses to 192.168.0.x.  As I indicated earlier, that is the fastest solution.

On the direct-connect, did you temporarily configure the PC to use IP address 192.168.0.2, a gateway address of 192.168.0.1, and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0?  Also, you need to connect to the NAS admin page using https://192.168.0.35/admin

A third possibility is to do an OS reinstall.  Before trying that, you need to confirm that you have a v2.  The labeling is confusing, and many v1 owners mistakenly think they have a v2. Use this guide: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Message 10 of 11
ringnab
Aspirant

many thanks, StephenB and all other respondents. Got the NAS back this evening and very happy!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements