× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6 on RAIDiator 4.2.31 troubleshooting Failed to contact SMTP when settings are correct

gixxer
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 on RAIDiator 4.2.31 troubleshooting Failed to contact SMTP when settings are correct

Hello,

Yes, it's year 2023, and i'm still running three ReadyNASPro 6 with RAIDiator 4.2.31 FW, but hey they are still working great and meeting my needs at the moment!

(not to mention the ReadyNAS NV+ on RAIDiator 4.1.16 FW)

Thiis issue has been on my plate for a while since 2022.

I have other apps that are working just fine using my Yahoo! mail's App passwords. 

Is there certain log(s) i can use to help with troubleshooting the "Failed to contact SMTP" error?

And is there configuration file that i can check as "root" to verify the Contacts setting?

Following screenshot is showing how my Contacts setting look right now.

One thing is, is the Password field supposed to show more characters than just 6 characters?

The Yahoo! mail's App password is 16 characters, only lowercase letters (no numbers and no symbols).

gixxer_0-1680071484189.png

gixxer_0-1680071865457.png

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 on RAIDiator 4.2.31 troubleshooting Failed to contact SMTP when settings are cor

FWIW, I suggest converting the 4.2.31 systems to OS-6.

@gixxer wrote:

Is there certain log(s) i can use to help with troubleshooting the "Failed to contact SMTP" error?

First I would check that the NAS IP configuration is correct - 

1. DNS Server(s) configured
  2. subnet mask and gateway correctly configured

As far as logs go, you could start with msmtp.log

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements