× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas RND4000 V3 missing volumes

Skewil
Aspirant

ReadyNas RND4000 V3 missing volumes

Hi,

Since I replace a dead disk, I can't access or just see the volume of my NAS.

In frontview, I can't see my shared folders. I see the disk I've replace as raid disk (It is in initialization since 3 days now) and the others as avaible disk. Why they are not in raid anymore ? I also see disk space : 0 MB (0%) of 0 MB used.

Can I recover my data, or are they lost ?

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas RND4000 V3 missing volumes

What firmware are you running in the NAS?

Perhaps power down and remove the new drive, then boot up without it.

Message 2 of 6
Skewil
Aspirant

I am running RAIDiator 4.1.7, but I have replace an other disk 5 month ago and there was no trouble during the replacement.

I've already try to boot without the new drive, and the issue still there. But I have try again but it's the same.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Can you download the log zip file?

FWIW, your firmware is quite old, the final release was 4.1.16.

Message 4 of 6
Skewil
Aspirant

I have download the log zip file. But, how can I send you my zip file ?

I delete all log few days ago, so I have download the new ones, and I add in the zip files a word document with screenshot of old logs.

Where can I download the last firmware ?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You shouldn't post the full log zip publicly, as they do include some information that could identify you. 

There is a way to send the logs to a netgear mod ( https://kb.netgear.com/21543/How-do-I-send-all-logs-to-ReadyNAS-Community-moderators ), though I am not a mod.  You can alternatively save the zip in a cloud repository (google drive, dropbox, etc) and PM a link.

Perhaps wait a bit, and see it a mod chimes in.

In the meantime, look in disk_smart.log and diagnostics.log for the disk health.  Disk_usage.log will tell you if the OS partition is full (look at the /dev/hdc1 line).  There might also be some clues in volume.log. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements