× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove Inactive Volumes to use the disk error

TonyR59
Aspirant

Remove Inactive Volumes to use the disk error

I thought everything was operating normally until I came back from vacation and had this error. Shows my disks are full and asks me to remove inactive volumes. I have no clue what to do at this point. Not sure which log to upload.. It downloaded a whole bunch.

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Remove Inactive Volumes to use the disk error

Ask a mod ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) in a private message if they are willing to review your logs.  Put the full zip file in cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc), and include a link to the log zip in the PM.

You send a PM by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Message 2 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TonyR59,

You can send the logs to me so we can analyze it. You may upload it to a file-sharing site then send to me the download link via PM (private message).

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
TonyR59
Aspirant

Thanks, John. As soon as I figure out how to to so, I will. I can't even log into the ReadyNAS now. This thing is more trouble than it's worth. Ready to chuck it in the trash. Shame I invested so much in all new drives a year ago. I'm thoroughly frustrated with it. 

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TonyR59,

Can you still see the NAS on RAIDar? If you can still see it, please check if you can download the logs there.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

@TonyR59 wrote:

This thing is more trouble than it's worth. Ready to chuck it in the trash. Shame I invested so much in all new drives a year ago. I'm thoroughly frustrated with it. 

How many drives is it showing as red?  If it's not the full complement, then your frustration is directed to the wrong place, it's the drives that went bad, not the NAS.  Shouldn't happen with new drives, but has been known to.  Just one of many reasons that RAID is not enough to keep your data safe.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements