× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset admin password

JuneWinters
Follower

Reset admin password

Hi my password for my ReadyNAS isn't allowing me access and for some reason when I try to do password recovery a grey circle flashes on an endless loop and never takes me anywhere. Guidelines from NetGear state that there is a reset button on the password recovery page but that also seems to be missing these days. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to reset my password without needing to reset the OS?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Reset admin password

@JuneWinters wrote:

Hi my password for my ReadyNAS isn't allowing me access and for some reason when I try to do password recovery a grey circle flashes on an endless loop and never takes me anywhere. Guidelines from NetGear state that there is a reset button on the password recovery page but that also seems to be missing these days. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to reset my password without needing to reset the OS?

Thanks

Likely you will need to reinstall the OS from the boot menu.  That shouldn't affect your data - it does change a couple of settings, including resetting the admin password.

What model ReadyNAS do you own?

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Reset admin password

The reset button used to reset the admin password is the physical reset button, not a virtual button on the recovery page.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements