× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Some questions about the 2120

Heritage02Rider
Follower

Some questions about the 2120

Hi - New ReadyNAS 2120 user. Just picked this up for additional RDM diskspace for a VM guest. I had a few issues getting the networking to work properly, but have worked around it.

When I entered the IP address, subnet mask and gateway, I was then unable to access the device from outside the subnet. It appears that the device requires a specific route to another network to get there.

To get around the issue I entered a default route of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 to the interface gateway. The software does not allow for 0.0.0.0. It says it is a bad address. So if you have to enter a route to get to other networks, why can you not enter a last chance route? I had to enter a network specific route (i.e. 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 ...)

One note - I do have the device on a specific VLAN for iSCSI traffic alone and the port(s) set to ACCESS with a PVID of 100 and the untagged membership of 100. Would it be better to have them as TRUNK?

I also noticed if you only configure one NIC to a specific address and then try to bond them, it erases the configuration you just created. You must first enter the same information to both NICs and then bond them.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements