× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Technical support mode password for Netgear NAS

ziemowit
Aspirant

Technical support mode password for Netgear NAS

Hi, everybody!

I have recently discovered that my two NAS units (NV+ v1 and Ultra 6) have developed a strange problem, similar on both units and yet I know they are different OS and different CPU architecture. The problem is that I no longer cannot log in via ssh. When I type a mismatched username and password - I got the proper reaction. When I type the correct username/password combination admin/<my password> then I get the connection connected and disconnected at once. Same reaction when I try sFTP (using WinSCP client). The funny thing is that I can't even see backupo logs on those two machines, when I click on the backup log icon it just hangs.

Sometimes they stop answering on port 80 at all, even if I do repeated port scans on them. There is probably not much wrong with my putty and WinSCP as they work against my RN104 and some other nodes. But because HTTP deamon seems to die on me, I have started to contemplate the thought I might have a full file system for the root partition, which makes some of the functions die with no proper reason. When I logged in recently it was maybe 2 years ago, no updates or any monkeying since then, just letting the regular backups run, files being stored, copied etc - whatever you do with a NAS at home.

So, now I have decided to bring up my NV+ into Technical Support mode and I got the login prompt. Tried with username root and different passwords - nothing works. Is there somewhere a list / information about Technical Support mode for NV+ v1, Ultra 6 and RN104? Could anybody point me to such a place or send me a PM?

Appreciate any help... 🙂

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+, ReadyNAS-Ultra 6|ReadyNAS-Ultra 6
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@ziemowit wrote:

I am asking for the username and password for the Technical Support mode (via Telnet), I am not asking about SSH logins.

It's root/infr8ntdebug for all models of ReadyNAS.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ziemowit
Aspirant

Replying to myself: have located the username/password for NV+ v1 on this forum.

What about the others?

Message 2 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

SSH login user name is root, using the admin password.  SSH must be enabled, of course.  That's a simple config option in OS6 but requires an add-on for the NV+ V1.

Message 3 of 6
ziemowit
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but sorry - that is not a reply to my question.

I am asking for the username and password for the Technical Support mode (via Telnet), I am not asking about SSH logins.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@ziemowit wrote:

It's root/infr8ntdebug for all models of ReadyNAS.

Message 5 of 6
ziemowit
Aspirant

Thank you! Problem solved from my side, I logged in and did some cleanup. Cleanup helped.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements