× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The device is not set up to accept connections from port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)"

Marova
Aspirant

The device is not set up to accept connections from port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)"

Hi!

About two weeks ago I had a blackout at my apartment and when I got home and turned everything on again I was met by this message when I tried to connect to my NAS:

2021-07-24.png

At first I tried to google after a sollution to my problem but with no luck. So far I have tried:
1. Turning the computer and NAS on and off again, but the problem persists...

2. Checked if SMB 1.0 is enabled. It is!

3. Turned the Firewall of to see if that was the cause of the problem. No change...

Tried using RAIDar and lo and behold it found my NAS, could locate it and tell me if it's healthy (it is). BUT when I try:

- Clicking on Browse, it just sends me to my Documents page

- Clicking on Admin Page, I get this message:

2021-07-24 (1).png

So now I turn to you guys to see if anyone has a sollution to my problem.

BTW, my computer OS is Windows 10 for reference.

Help me NetGear Community, you are my only hope!

//Magnus

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: The device is not set up to accept connections from port "The File and printer sharing (SMB

@Marova wrote:

So how do I fix my NAS now that the data is off-loaded?

You can do a factory default using the front panel, which will set up the NAS from scratch.   The process is described on pages 15-16 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf  It might take about 30 minutes to come back on-line after the process begins.

After you regain connectivity, set up the NAS again and restore the data from your backup.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: The device is not set up to accept connections from port "The File and printer sharing (SMB

Try installing RAIDar on the PC, and tell us what status it gives for the NAS.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Do you recall what firmware you were running on the NAS?  Do you see ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel, or do you see ReadyNAS Duo v2 ?

Message 2 of 10
Marova
Aspirant

Firmware: 4.1.16

It only says ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Marova wrote:

Firmware: 4.1.16

It only says ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel

Ok.  Then you have the original Duo (v1), and not the v2.  The firmware is the final release.

Do you have a backup of the files, or do you need to offload them for safety?

Message 4 of 10
Marova
Aspirant

No back-up unfortunatly, so I need to offload them if I can't find a way to access the NAS

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Marova wrote:

No back-up unfortunatly, so I need to offload them if I can't find a way to access the NAS

Then I think we should start with off-loading data.

There is a freeware program you can use, called r-linux for windows. https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/

You'll need a way to connect a disk in your NAS to the PC - either through SATA or via a USB adapter/dock.  Note that only one of the disks will work - almost always disk 1, but there are some rare situations when it is disk 2.

I haven't needed this software myself, and I am told it isn't that intuitive.  But it should be able to find the data volume (C), and let you copy the data off to either your internal HDD or a USB drive.

Message 6 of 10
Marova
Aspirant

Well that took alot longer than expected. Had to buy a new CPU-fan...

But now I have off-loaded the data so what do I do now?

I also got alot of .$ea.user.DOSATTRIB-files, what are those and can I get rid of them?

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Marova wrote:

I also got alot of .$ea.user.DOSATTRIB-files, what are those and can I get rid of them?

Linux file attributes don't always map onto Windows file attributes.  Those files are where the NAS was storing some of the windows file attributes.  You can delete them.

Message 8 of 10
Marova
Aspirant

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Marova wrote:

You can do a factory default using the front panel, which will set up the NAS from scratch.   The process is described on pages 15-16 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf  It might take about 30 minutes to come back on-line after the process begins.

After you regain connectivity, set up the NAS again and restore the data from your backup.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements