× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to access admin page ReadyNAS Pro 4

Yoda3647
Aspirant

Unable to access admin page ReadyNAS Pro 4

Every now and then it will let me see the Admin page but usually it does not and gives me a message(See attached picture) Please help asap I just put in a drive to replace one that failed but can not tell it to format disk so that it will start recover/syncing.AminPage.png

Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Yoda3647 wrote:

Every now and then it will let me see the Admin page but usually it does not and gives me a message(See attached picture) Please help asap I just put in a drive to replace one that failed but can not tell it to format disk so that it will start recover/syncing.

One thing you could try is pulling the disk you just inserted, and see if that restores admin access.  If it does, then download the full log zip and look in there for clues on what is going wrong.

Message 2 of 9
Yoda3647
Aspirant

I tried again before I read your message and it let me log in, I was able to get it to start syncing. I do not know what to try next time it will not let me log in as next time there will not be a new drive, as I said even before replacing drive it would not always let me log into admin page. RAIDar sees it and whether I click on RAIDar to open the admin page or I myself type in the IP/admin  sometime it will sometimes it won't, but thanks for your help

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

If/when it completes, download the full log zip right away, and see if you find any errors during the sync. System.log, kernel.log, systemd-journal.log are all good places to look.

Normally you do get admin access during sync.  But the web server does run at lower priority than other processes, and if something isn't going well, then you can end up struggling to get access.  I'm not saying something is failing - just that it is a warning sign when access to the web ui is hit-or-miss.

Message 4 of 9
Yoda3647
Aspirant

Okay, worst case if the web UI is/does fail is there a fix?? or is it a purchase?

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Yoda3647 wrote:

Okay, worst case if the web UI is/does fail is there a fix?? or is it a purchase?

Enable ssh when you do have access, that will provide the most options for troubleshooting.

The web ui itself isn't failing, sometihng is preventing it from getting the resources it needs to run.  Whether that is easily fixed or not depends on what it is wrong. 

Message 6 of 9
Yoda3647
Aspirant

Okay never worked with "ssh" so is there a video or instruction I can read? I am on a Windows 10 PC. It might take a bit before I reply waiting for it to finish syncing.

Message 7 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

SSH is a way of getting to the command line interface of the underlying Linux system.  Linux is a complex OS, so you won't find a simple video showing you what to do.  But we can help you here with specific commands and Google is always an option for generic Linux assistance.

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Yoda3647 wrote:

Okay never worked with "ssh" so is there a video or instruction I can read? I am on a Windows 10 PC. It might take a bit before I reply waiting for it to finish syncing.

I'm not suggesting that you try to use it right now.   Just that you should enable it, so you would be able to use it later on if needed.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements