× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XPost - Admin Password not working

antpix
Aspirant

XPost - Admin Password not working

Hi there,

Have just installed new hard discs in my ReadyNAS NV+ and I'm being locked out of the admin page for Frontpage to set up the NAS, which did work with the previous set of discs.

Running Mac OS 10.6.7 and Raidar 4.3.2, connecting through ethernet. I can connect via the OS connect to server using SMB and see the Back Up and Media sharepoint folders, however I wasn't able to log on to Frontpage using my old password, which I knew to be correct. (However on AFP I get AFP on nas-NN-NN-XX may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection and then try again)

Therefore I reset the firmware and tried to use 'admin' and 'netgear1', no joy and then as the discs were empty I did a system reset to default, after the NAS rebuilt itself I STILL cannot log on using 'admin' and 'netgear1'

Any ideas please, are there other passwords/logons available?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
antpix
Aspirant

Re: XPost - Admin Password not working

Any ideas?
Message 2 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

If these are new disks with no data, the userid of admin and password of netgear1 should have worked.

What make and model are the disks?

What version of RAIDiator are you using?

If you try to connect via RAIDar by clicking on the setup button, what reaction are you getting?
Message 3 of 4
antpix
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away from the pooter.

They are new discs, Seagate 1TB, Barracuda 7200.12

I originally was using Raidar 3, now upgraded to 4, neither worked.

Clicking the setup button, give me a admin logon page screen, typing in netgear1 returns 'password in correct or - if I type in just the IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it defaults to shares and it tells me that there are no shares to view via a frontview page, although I can see them through connection via SMB.

Still not sure what is going on, thanks for you input, anything else I could try?

I've rebooted both the NAS and Mac, re-installed the FW after the hard reset, unplugged the ethernet and replugged.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements