× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

my readynas will not power on

lullipadd
Aspirant

my readynas will not power on

hi i have an older readynas (readynas ultra 2) but it will not power on after i tried to factory reset it i have power to it but the power button does not respond can someone please help me fix it 

Model: RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: my readynas will not power on

@lullipadd wrote:

hi i have an older readynas (readynas ultra 2) but it will not power on after i tried to factory reset it i have power to it but the power button does not respond 

Does it power on when the disks are removed?

If it does, then try erasing the disks by putting them in a Windows PC and usings vendor tools (seatools or WDC's Lifeguard) to erase the disks.  The tests that do that are either called "erase disk" or "write zeros".  Don't format them.  Then put them back into the NAS and power it up - the NAS should then do a factory install.

Message 2 of 5
lullipadd
Aspirant

it does not power on without the drives 

and it does not respond when i press the power button

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Then something failed.  It could be the power adapter - you might consider a risk-buy of a replacement.  You can find compatible adapters for about $30 USD.

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Does anything happen when you plug the (powered) AC adapter into the unit?  Do any LEDs flash (including NIC LEDs)?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements