× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to register product - already register by an unknown person

Moogle123
Aspirant

unable to register product - already register by an unknown person

I would like to register this product under my name.  If not possible I would like to know what or who the person is that it is registered to.

PLease can you help.

This product has been lying in my storeroom for a few years, and now I have managed to replace the disks and need to get it working again.

Thanks

Model: RND2000v2|READYNAS DUO v2|EOL
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: unable to register product - already register by an unknown person

Are you (or your company) the original (new) purchaser?  The warranty isn't transferrable, but Netgear can accomodate cases where the business contact has changed.

Also, if you aren't the original purchaser (or their representative) you can't get Netgear paid support.

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

That NAS is  pretty old and slow by today's standards and most certainly out of warranty.  You may want to rethink getting paid support and apply the money to a new NAS.  Or ask your questions here first, it's free (though not instantaneous).

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you message me the serial number and the company it should be registered to I can try to look it up to see if it's registered by a colleague of yours (assuming the company name is mentioned in their profile) or on a different email account of yours.

Message 4 of 5
Moogle123
Aspirant

Hi, yes that will be great.

The serial is 2UM222EP0051F

Thanks so much for the help

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos