× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC750 Range Extender does not work with Ethernet Cable

RSM52
Tutor

AC750 Range Extender does not work with Ethernet Cable

WIFI on extender working fine.  When I plugged in my Win 7 machine it connected momentarily but will no longer connect.  Any trouble shooting suggestions.  I thought was just plug and play but perhaps there is a setting in Win 7 I need to modify?  Appreciate the help.

Message 1 of 4
RSM52
Tutor

An update - after speaking with technical support they informed me that only gaming consoles can use the ethernet port on the Extender.  This makes no sense and defeats the purpose of having a remote ethernet port.  I am hoping that a clever community member has found a workaround to this.  There must be a way to get the extender talking to a Win 7 desktop?!?  Help would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello RSM52

It should work on any ethernet device do you have the latest firmware? And when the connection goes out does it show up as a red x on the connection like no Ethernet is connected or does it just not connect to the internet anymore?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
RSM52
Tutor

Thanks for the prompt reply. I ended up buying a wireless adapter for 20 bucks which connects without a problem.  Trying to get the computer working with an Ethernet cable seemed fraught with frustration.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7