× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 and Guest network

eewoz
Aspirant

EX7000 and Guest network

My main router has Guest capabilities, which means that devices connected to the guest network cannot share data with my computer or any other devices on the network.  It is my understanding that devices that would connect to the EX7000 would not be able to connect to the Guest network.  Is this correct?  With my present system, without the EX7000, I have my Alexa devices use the Guest network as a security precaution.  It appears that if the Alexa devices were to connect to the EX7000 I would loose the Guest network capability.  Is this true?

Thanks.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @eewoz, welcome to the community! The Guest Network is treated as an isolated network unless your router has a feature that can allow the devices that connect to the Guest Network to communicate to the main network. Are you looking to connect the EX7000 to the Guest Network of your router or to the main network?

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
eewoz
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping that the EX7000 would extend both networks, but I am now learning that that is not the case.  I will be extending the Guest network, which in the end should work out fine.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7