× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extending Wifi

CajunSpices
Follower

Extending Wifi

I currently have my wifi signal being boosted, however, I am trying to connect to a TV outside that doesnt accept 5ghz signals. I am pretty sure that the 5ghz signal is the one being boosted because I cannot connect to the 2.4ghz signal even after the extender. I am wondering If I can boost the 2.4ghz signal instead of the 5ghz? Or if im just misunderstanding what is being truly extended. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Extending Wifi

A couple things. 

1. The EX7300 is a dual band extender. It'll extend both bands if you set it up

2. do you have a screen snip of the EX7300's status page from the browser (if you log into it). that'll show us whats being extended, what modes its in, and the quality of the signal

3. 2.4ghz is a slow network. And adding an extender to it only makes it slower as single/dual band extenders decrease thoroughput by 50% because of how they have to work. And with streaming tv, it takes a steady, fairly decent throughput to successfully stream. It might not work that well for you. Have you checked into powerline or using moca adapters to provide the tv signal? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7