× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login to extended network EX3800 pass through extender

berydh
Follower

Login to extended network EX3800 pass through extender

I am unable to connect to extended network from EX3800. WPS setup procedure works fine and _EXT networks are detected by laptop. Problem occurs when trying to connect from laptop using the same WiFI password used for WiFI router. During the connection process the DEVICE LED is green but when the connection fails the DEVICE LED turns off.

It seems that the password is not accepted. There is no problem connecting to the original router network with the password.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Login to extended network EX3800 pass through extender

Hi @berydh,

If the extender was successfully configured to connect to the main router, you can connect a device to the main network and access the router UI to check for the IP address assigned to the extender. You can then access the extender's UI using the IP to confirm if the settings (i.e. password) are correct.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @berydh,

If the extender was successfully configured to connect to the main router, you can connect a device to the main network and access the router UI to check for the IP address assigned to the extender. You can then access the extender's UI using the IP to confirm if the settings (i.e. password) are correct.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @berydh,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series