× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 extender failed to obtain IP address after reset

h4mza
Follower

N300 extender failed to obtain IP address after reset

Hi I have a Netgear N300 extender which is connected to virgin media superhub 3 and I have been using it for a year now with no issues. I have it on all day and I never had any issues. Recently I decided to hide the SSID which I did on my phone through the extender's setting page. Since then any device that wants to connect has to add my extender manually. The issue I was then having was that I could not get onto the configuration page mywifiext.com as it would show a web page failed to connect. I wanted to configure the extender's name and change it to a shorter one. 

Anyways I ended up resetting the extender so I could then change the name and also use a different password to my superhub. I had to use my laptop to connect to it first and set it up and it is now set up but only my laptop can connect to it. My phone and ipad will not connect to the extender as I keep getting an error failed to obtain IP address of Internet not available under the extender wifi.

I have resetted the extender twice now and I'm still having the same issue. I have moved the extender closer to the router but now the red light on device stays on.

I can't seem to figure out what I have done wrong. It was working absoltely perfect and all I wanted to do was change the SSID name and now I'm here with non working extender. 

Does anyone know how I can get it back up and running or have I broken it? Oh and firmware is upto date.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N300 extender failed to obtain IP address after reset

Hi h4mza,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to you immediately. Are you still having the issue with the extender? Have you tried reinstalling the firmware?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7