× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear wifi analytics app

sinaksota
Follower

Netgear wifi analytics app

I bought a brand new netgear AC1200 wifi extender and it has a QR to get the analytic app, but when I scan it I get a message saying it for an older version of android. Is there another app I could use or was that it?

Message 1 of 3

Re: Netgear wifi analytics app

@sinaksota wrote:

I bought a brand new netgear AC1200 wifi extender

Which one?

AC1200 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

but when I scan it I get a message saying it for an older version of android. Is there another app I could use or was that it?

AC1200 is a fairly old standard. Maybe your device doesn't support whatever device you are using.

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear wifi analytics app

it's the very same version and Android Play store release in place for years, current version is 1.0.19, build and released on Apr 24, 2014.

No complaint or similar messages when installing on current Google Pixel devices (in phone sizes). Slightly different when installing on an average Samsung tablet, there is some misleading message shown (ref. built for a old Android version) what is not really appropriate.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7