× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SCAM

dermat71
Initiate

SCAM

Went into chat to troubleshoot my extender, and was setup to get a callback with an "expert". He asked for remote control of my laptop, them tried to get a one-time fee of $100 to fix my issue. SCAM! Netgear chat is having people call you back trying to steal money from you. I have the whole conversation recorded. I thought I misheard him when he said fee, so he repeats it...second time is clear as day on the recording. NETGEAR IS SCAMMING PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY!
Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

If you're outside of your 90 days of free support window, it does cost money for support. 

They don't hide that. 

One thing to be aware of is that many people don't get actual netgear support but scam sites that try to sell you firewalls. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 2 of 3
dermat71
Initiate

So they want $100 to help with a device I paid $32 for brand new? Is that what you're telling me?? Why wouldn't I just go buy 3 new extenders?? I will go buy ONE...and it won't be Netgear.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series