× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000 software is painful - only thing is Smart Setup which erases everything already configured

joewnine
Follower

WN3000 software is painful - only thing is Smart Setup which erases everything already configured

Please do not make your GUI software for the least experienced users.

Allow experienced users to set it up without the use of the wizard.

There is a section in the GUI for changing ONLY the transmitted/served network name(SPID) and passwords.

But no way to change ONLY the router's/received network.

The only way to redirect the WN3000 to another router is Smart Setup wizard which throws away

everything you have done and starts all over with everything.  And is very slow.

When a truck drives by, the signal from the router is temporarily blocked and the WN3000 drops that connection

and connects to another one which is not correct.  It does not restore the original connection after the truck is gone.

To fix the error I need to change ONLY the router to which the WN3000 is connected.  

It appears that in the GUI the only way to do that is to run Smart Setup again - which takes a long time(15 minutes at least) - plus Smart Setup throws away my served network SPID I have defined and substitutes xfinitywifi_EXT.  With no password.

All I want to do is quickly redirect to the router of my choice to get the most reliable signal.

I don't want to have to run Smart Setup 5 times a day.

Are there any command line commands to control this thing?

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WN3000 software is painful - only thing is Smart Setup which erases everything already config...

Hello joewnine

Those are good suggestion you can post them over on the Idea exchange board so other community members can up vote the idea to show these are wanted features.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7