× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP/DGN1000 Access Control

3dit0r
Aspirant

WN3000RP/DGN1000 Access Control

Hi,

Got a WN3000RP recently, and it seems to work OK connected to my DGN1000 main router, UNTIL I try to switch back on Access Control to limit access to the network to selected MAC addresses on the DGN1000.

I've always had the DGN1000 set like this as an extra security precaution. I turned it off while installing the WN3000RP as it often causes problems while configuring new components. I then added the WN3000RP into the access control in the DGN1000. What happens then is that the WN3000RP locks out my mobile devices, even when connected directly to it, and not through the DNG1000. Also, if I try to connect through the DNG1000 to the WN3000RP I can't.

For now, I've turned it off again, but I'd rather have it on for extra security peace of mind. Any ideas, please?

SSID on the extender is the default nameofrouter_EXT, the password is the same on both networks and both set to use WPA2-PSK.

Cheers,

James
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN3000RP/DGN1000 Access Control

You likely need to remove access list

Using wpa2 encryption will be sufficient
Message 2 of 4
3dit0r
Aspirant

OK, well yes it definitely works with access control off. I think it's a bit disappointing though that the two Netgear products, both of which have MAC access control, can't be made to work together in this way- particularly since one is a range extender of the existing network...
Message 3 of 4
3dit0r
Aspirant

Thanks for your help, though, appreciate it :cool:
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements