× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNAP102 and Blackberry Bold 9700 connection loses

mahesham22
Aspirant

WNAP102 and Blackberry Bold 9700 connection loses

Hi
we are using Netgear WNAP210 as an access point.
It works fine with all the devices except blackberry phones. I tried 3 different handsets of blackberry 9700 but with no luck.

Here is the Problem: my handsets connects to AP successfully. but as soon as I try to open any web page, it drops the connection and i can't even ping AP from blackberry. even I can't ping blackberyy IP from any pc on network. After a copule of minutes it connects again. But when any data transfer begins, it drops the connection.

I am using it in India. Set the region as India. Tried with 'bg' and 'gn' modes and also tried altering frequency but none of them worked.

Tried following security options:
WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK (TKIP+AES),
WPA-PSK (TKIP)
WPA2-PSK (AES)

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks

-Mahesh

Message 1 of 3
mahesham22
Aspirant

Re: WNAP102 and Blackberry Bold 9700 connection loses

Moderators, Please edit the Product name from WNAP102 to WNAP210 in the title, it was a typing mistake.
Message 2 of 3
Satras
Aspirant

Re: WNAP102 and Blackberry Bold 9700 connection loses

I had the same problem and couldn't get it to work.

I upgeaded and downgraded the firmware bt nothing helped. Then i started playing around in the WIFI menu and finally got it working. 😄

Firmware: WNAP210_2.0.12

Wireless Mode:2.4GHz Band: 11ng
Turn Radio On: yes
Wireless Network Name (SSID): MYSSID
Broadcast Wireless Network Name (SSID): Yes

Channel / Frequency: Auto
MCS Index / Data Rate: Best
Channel Width: Dynamic 20/40 MHz
Guard Interval: Auto
Output Power: Full

Thats just my settings, but non of them really matter as I found. Some people said that setting the Channel to fixed 6 would help.. but not for me.

The only thing which worked for me was entering the QoS Menu and to disable WMM Powersave.
"Enable Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)" was still on.

Hope that helps.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7