× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi sharing

Mmaddox
Aspirant

Wifi sharing

I am trying to share my wifi signal with my neighbor and they, then want to share that signal with their neighbor. I have a wndr4300 router and I am using an extender that blasts wifi away from my house about 75 feet . My neighbors house is about 150' from mine. Could she just get a nighthawk router to pick up my extender signal or will she need an antennae?

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi sharing

Hello mmaddox

If the signal is strong enough they just need there devices to connect to it they shouldn't needs another router. As for extending it again you technically can if they get a extender in there house but you are really cutting down the bandwidth speed a lot extending it twice so the neighbor far away may have very slow internet or not as stable internet.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Mmaddox
Aspirant

Re: Wifi sharing

I own an organic farm and I'm building a little tiny house community here and im trying to save  my folks some bucks on Verizon hotspot. I have 100 meg Internet connection over fiber optic. My neighbor is getting a nighthawk 1900 router with antennae extensions and I'm gettin a nighthawk 1900"extender. she is about  150' away from me and  her neighbor is just 25 feet away.  I'll set her router up in bridge format. I'm hoping it works ! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7