Who Me Too'd this topic

RossBev
Follower

HOW TO DISABLE 5G TEMPORARILY ON ORBI ROUTER

HELLO,

I own an Orbi system and recently obtained a Personal Weather station that does direct uploads to various weather sites online. The weather station will only connect to Wi-Fi via a 2.4GHZ system based on the following statement in the manual:

The weather station only supports the 2.4 GHz band. Please make sure both mobile device and weather station console are both connected to the same 2.4 GHz band. If you own a dual band router, you may be required to temporarily disable the 5 GHz band, connect your mobile device to the 2.4 GHz band, and after programming the console, reconnect to the 5 GHz band

My question is I have logged into the Orbi and seen the wireless setup which shows both bands as well as the same on the guest network. I have selected all the disabled blocks on the advanced settings on the 5 GHZ to no avail. Is there a way to temporarily disable the 5 ghz long enough to me to make the connection of my weather station and then re-enable it since I use it with so many devices. Thanks in advance...

Who Me Too'd this topic