Who Me Too'd this topic

sAmiZZle
Tutor

Orbi rebooting itself daily

Hi all,

Ever since getting my Netgear Orbi I have been experiencing regular reboots. When the WiFi connection drops on whatever device I am using, I immediately go to check the Orbi and sure enough the satellite is flashing with the magenta ring trying to reconnect and the router is flashing with the white ring because it is rebooting. Once it restarts and the satellite reconnects it shows the blue ring which I believe indicates it has a good connection. After this it is fine usually for at least a day or more. The satellite is connected to the router via WiFi backhaul. The router is connected to the wall power socket and not any extension power board, so at least I know it can't be a dodgy power supply issue.

Because the logs get cleared whenever it reboots I can't really anlayse what is happening to the router at the time of the reboot. Because of this I enabled the logging from the router's debug.htm page in the hope that these would be persistent after the reboot. I had the "WAN Port mirror to LAN port1" option checked. Only problem is I don't know how to read these logs and am not sure if they have also cleared after it rebooted. I've uploaded the debug-log here in case anyone can help decipher these.The rough time that the router restarted was on 1 Dec at about 4:25pm. I also captured the LAN/WAN packet logs to USB stick, but these are about 280MB, so I haven't uploaded these. If you think these are going to be useful then I can try uploading these as well. 

I previously used the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router and it was perfectly stable and never reset once in the many years that I was using it. The only reason I replaced it was to get better coverage all the way to the front of my house. There are other WiFi networks around my house but I am on different channels to those. Also, the Nighthawk never was troubled by these so I don't see why the Orbi should be.

I am on the latest V2.5.0.38 firmware on both the router and the sattellite. Although I've been experiencing this issue on all versions of firmware since I got the Orbi (I think I've had the Orbi since the last 3 versions). I've tried playing around with the settings as described below but the router continues to reboot itself. I am completely at a loss as to what to do from here.

So far this is what I have tried across the last 3 versions of firmware updates with no success yet:

1. NetGear Armour - disabled
  2. Parental Controls - disabled
  3. Manually changing the WiFi channels:
    • 2.4Ghz channel: 11 (manually set)
    • 5Ghz channel: 40
  4. I've experiement with the following settings disabled and enabled and it has made no difference to the rebooting issue. At the moment these are set as follows:
    • Implicit BEAMFORMING - enabled
    • MU-MIMO - enabled
    • Fast Roaming - disabled
  5. Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings
  6. I've done a full factory reset on both the router and the satellite whilst on the latest V2.5.0.38 firmware (using the pin reset mothod)

Someone please help!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Who Me Too'd this topic