Who Me Too'd this solution

Re: Latest update bug: R6400 Firmware DNS issue (V1.0.1.74_1.0.48)

It's apparent that since the DNS problem arose, subsequent and unrelated updates have made the router(s) even worse. In fact, I think Netgear is imploding as we speak.

“Way to go Disney! I have disabled automatic updates because the last update from Netgear slowed my router down so much. I had to downgrade to a much older version that did not include the armour guard application to get my full isp speed back. I am afraid that this new patch will come with the same application that I had to get rid of that slowed down my router. Maybe it is time for a new wifi 6 router from a different company.”
“the same issue with the 6400v2 downgraded the firmware which helped get more speed but ultimately bought a new router the Rax50 to keep up with the speeds much happier now.”

Source: PCMag comments / Netgear forum

I do however have a solution to my issue; I bought a non-Netgear branded router. Are you looking for a router with stability, performance and industry standard updates that don't break the the product altogether? Look no further.

Buy anything but Netgear today. Special thanks to @olympos1625 for logging in the forum every day and ignoring everyone while having the time to respond to new threads. I hope everyone else gets a working router sometime soon because this is verging on class action territory when the product isn't end of life. Oh, how the mighty fall.

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution