Who Me Too'd this topic

donawalt
Virtuoso

ipV6 disconnecting on Orbi RBR850

(NOT RBK53 model in drop down, why is RBR850 not there?)

I have RBR850, firmware V4.6.7.13_2.1.9, and a CM1200 modem connected to Comcast's 1.2/40 service. All is working well, speeds, modem numbers, errors/logs are all fine. I read somewhere, can't find it now, on the Comcast board I believe, that Orbis were dropping their ipV6 connection. I didn't know if mine was or not, as I have nothing requiring ipV6 exclusively, and ipV4 is available. So I checked last night on the router web page, and sure enough the router didn't even have a WAN or LAN ipv6 ip address! After some playing around, I found I just selected Auto-detect, saved, and it went back to DHCP and had an ip address - and the test ipv6 was back to 10/10.

Everything else in my ipv6 settings is default - dns address of ISP, auto config of IP address assignment, and enable RIPng is not selected.

This morning, about 7 hours later, I just did the ip test, and it failed. Now this time, the router still had ip addresses, but ipv6 was definitely not working. I tried a router reboot, still not working. Again, I set it to auto-detect, saved, it went back to dhcp, and the ipv6 test is back to 10/10 pass.

what I had read is that the Ori router is dropping ipv6 every 4-5 hours. This appears to be happening to my router as well. Is this something for NG engineers to investigate? Is there anything I should do? Are others seeing this (you may have to go and test it specifically since ipV4 is working fine)?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Who Me Too'd this topic