Who Me Too'd this topic

Haselmaier
Guide

Working Device Not Shown In Browser Interface Or Phone App (Orbi RBR750)

I found posts for this kind of issue that were relatively old (1 year and beyond) but nothing recent. 

Orbi RBR750 - 2-node system.  Firmware version V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

I have a device on 192.168.2.12.  It's a small box that talks to our electric meter.

From my Windows PC I can ping it.  Pointing a browser at it results in me getting the box's web UI.

This device is not shown in the list of attached devices either in the Orbi browser UI nor in the Orbi phone app.  From the router's perspective the IP is not assigned.  Yet it definitely exists and I can talk to it.

I've done a hard reset.  I even changed the SSID so I had to re-connect each device.  This IP has not been visible for quite a while - easily a day...but not sure for how long.

WTH?!  I'm stunned something with such a glaring error could make it through QA!  It's really making me question the quality of this mesh router.

Thoughts?

Jim

P.S.:  The device in question IS pingable from my Windows laptop.  It is NOT pingable from a Linux system I have.  Not sure if no-ability-to-ping from Linux is related - but the same Linux box IS able to ping other devices on the network besides this device at 192.168.2.12. 

Who Me Too'd this topic