× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Problem with Netgear Nighhawk M6 Mobile Hotspot

Anthony-59
Follower

Problem with Netgear Nighhawk M6 Mobile Hotspot

I bought a Netgear Nighthawk M6 (model number MR6150) on April 18, 2024. The next day (April 19) I went to T Mobile and I bought a 30-day service plan, they gave me the SIM card and I installed the SIM and I got the device working. I was able to connect it to the internet and it worked fine, I had no problems connecting to the internet and looking at websites, checking my e-mail and so on, but on the home screen there was a notice that said 'expires in 12 days'. I had bought a 30-day service plan, so, shouldn't it say it expires in 30 days, instead of 12 days? The next day it said service expires in 11 days, and so on. I thought I may have accidentally changed one of the settings, while I was setting up the device, and so I reset it to factory defaults, but resetting it to factory defaults didn't solve this problem. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this? I wonder if it's a problem with the service plan or the device itself.

Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Problem with Netgear Nighhawk M6 Mobile Hotspot

@Anthony-59 wrote:

I bought a Netgear Nighthawk M6 (model number MR6150) on April 18, 2024. The next day (April 19) I went to T Mobile and I bought a 30-day service plan, they gave me the SIM card and I installed the SIM and I got the device working. I was able to connect it to the internet and it worked fine, I had no problems connecting to the internet and looking at websites, checking my e-mail and so on, but on the home screen there was a notice that said 'expires in 12 days'. I had bought a 30-day service plan, so, shouldn't it say it expires in 30 days, instead of 12 days? The next day it said service expires in 11 days, and so on. I thought I may have accidentally changed one of the settings, while I was setting up the device, and so I reset it to factory defaults, but resetting it to factory defaults didn't solve this problem. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this? I wonder if it's a problem with the service plan or the device itself.

MR6150 is Netgear retail device and not customized for T-Mobile. By default, the expire date is the first day of a month. You can log in to WebUI to set the starting date for your service plan.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7