× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500

pjd813
Guide

RAXE500

I just went into the room where the router is and I noticed that the internet light (circle with the arrow going around it) was red. I looked in the user manual and it mentions white, blinking white and “off” for the light but there is no explanation of “red”. The modem lights are normal.

My internet connection is stellar.  I’m confused.

Please help.

Pete D.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500

If everything is working, leave it. 

Try a power off of the router and modem/ONT for 1 minute then back ON. 

Is the RAXE using the yellow internet port or the multi gig port for it's connection to the ISP modem/ONT? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

If everything is working, leave it. 

Try a power off of the router and modem/ONT for 1 minute then back ON. 

Is the RAXE using the yellow internet port or the multi gig port for it's connection to the ISP modem/ONT? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
pjd813
Guide

I rebooted the router and my modem and all is well now.

thx

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7